st: re: STATA error r(603) File could not be opened

From   "Mendis, Agampodi S.J." <[email protected]>
Subject   st: re: STATA error r(603) File could not be opened
Date   Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:30:36 +0000

Hi
I am running STATA/IC 10.1 in Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell inspiron laptop with a core i5 processor.
One of my STATA codes in concern contains writing and reading into few temporary datasets through looping.
I happen to get error code r(603) indicating one of these files could not be opened when I run this program.
This error is occurring at different iterations at different time.

The error pops up at different iterations and indicates one of several temp files could not be opened.

I did a web search and found below article helpful and relevant.

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2012-02/msg01016.html

However my problem still persists despite having disabled my McAfee virus scanner.
Please help me to resolve this issue.

This programme works fine in my computer at the University.

Many thanks
Jeewaka