Re: st: generate regression coefficients as varaibles

From   Nahla Betelmal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: generate regression coefficients as varaibles
Date   Wed, 9 Jan 2013 19:38:04 +0000

Hi,

Thank you for your kind reply, and the simplification.

I meant by not working is that i only managed to get the coefficients
for every year (y) but in each industry (SIC).
As I have 37 industries, I had to repeat the loop 37 times and hence
got 37 new variables for the constant coefficient instead of have one
constant variable that gathers the constant coefficients  for all
industries in every year.

I was thinking about

gen coefficientCon=.
forvalue y=2001/2012 & i= 1/37 {
reg Wscaled Wone Wscaled_ch WPPE if  sic== `i' & datayearfiscal==`y'
replace coefficientCon = _b[_cons]  if datayearfiscal==`y' & sic==`i'
}

but I got : invalid syntax r(198);

Is there a way to make forvalues accept years `y' and industries `i'
simultaneously! if not, is there another way to do it?

Many thanks

Nahla