Re: st: Automatic Model Fitting

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Automatic Model Fitting
Date   Tue, 8 Jan 2013 16:11:41 +0000

Stata philosophy is more typically to estimate by maximum likelihood
and then let you see what that implies in terms of any criterion or
criteria [NB] you wish to use.

As an old joke almost goes, the great thing about criteria is that
there are so many to choose from.

Nick