st: Esttab outreg2 questions

From   Davia Downey <[email protected]>
To   Stata List <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Esttab outreg2 questions
Date   Tue, 8 Jan 2013 01:02:01 +0000

Hello all,

I have a quick question about the outreg2 and esttab packages. I am running a set of regressions; the first using the vce(cluster) function, and the second using the same variables but asking for the beta coefficients. Once I've stored the estimates I want to make a table that has both models side by side. In one I'd like to present the robust standard errors in one column along with r2,  ar2, rsme, and in the second showing the beta in place of the regular coefficients along with ar2, r2, and rsme. When I try to do this using append all I get is the same two tables pasted with the initial command asking for se(4) ar2 rsme instead of two different tables with the separate information presented side by side.

I use the Eststo: quietly regress x y1 y2...., vce(cluster) and Eststo: quietly regress x y1 y2..., beta for the second.

To call the Esttab, I use esttab: se(4) ar2 rsme beta, append
Then I use outreg2 using myfile, excel to save

I'm new to Stata so any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Davia Downey
Assistant Professor
Department of Public, Nonprofit and Health Administration
Grand Valley State University