Re: st: generate common id

Subject   Re: st: generate common id
Date   Mon, 7 Jan 2013 10:57:32 -0500

Lubna,

You are apparently referring to the Pakistan Rural Household Panel
Survey, which, with the addition of urban HH in 2010 became the Pakistan
Panel Household Survey. I have seen instances where the names of crucial
variables changed between survey rounds, and where the location in the
questionnaire also changed. so you should check the codebook for
these possibilities.  My only other suggestion is to obtain the 2004 data
with IDs from the organization that did the survey.

I see that you are not the only one who has had this problem. The
authors of the publication with URL
"http://cloud1.gdnet.org/~research_papers/Pakistan panel household
survey sample size, attrition and socio-demographic dynamics"
also did not link the 2004 surveys to those from the other years.

Steve