Re: st: generate common id

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: generate common id
Date   Sun, 6 Jan 2013 09:46:52 +0000

First of all, this is not a merge problem in the sense of Stata's
-merge- command. It's an -append- problem.

Second, if you have no household identifier for 2004, then you must do
the combining of waves in some other way.
On the information you have given is it appears impossible to match
households in 2004 except by using other variables.