Re: st: level and distribution plot side by side

From   annoporci <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: level and distribution plot side by side
Date   Sun, 06 Jan 2013 14:15:12 +0800

I did some more work on "nice numbers" on logarithmic scales about a
year ago, but I need to go back and finish it.

Great! Is there a simple way to have the powers of 10 printed as
superscripts rather than as a caret(^)?

Thanks for the other references, Nick.

He comments that Statalist "is so busy that it is close to worthless if
you are not looking for something specific".

I find myself drawn to the Statalist archives all the time. The only thing
is that you often need to read several exchanges in the thread and it is
often cluttered by several layers of replies within the message (like below); otherwise
I think Statalist is a really great source of info, both specific and
general.

I did some more work on "nice numbers" on logarithmic scales about a
year ago, but I need to go back and finish it.

A more systematic approach to a related (but not identical) problem is
discussed in

SJ-8-1 gr0032 . . . . . . . Stata tip 59: Plotting on any transformed scale . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . N. J. Cox Q1/08 SJ 8(1):142--145 (no commands)
        tip on how to graph data on a transformed scale

http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=gr0032

and implemented in -mylabels- from SSC.

For your time scales, consider different formats for the time variable and also

SJ-7-4 gr0030 . Stata tip 55: Better axis labeling for time points/intervals . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . N. J. Cox Q4/07 SJ 7(4):590--592 (no commands)
        tip on labeling graphs for time points and time intervals

http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=gr0030

Nick

P.S. I didn't know (or had forgotten) about Rense Corten's blog. He