st: Estimating Shift and Dispersion between two Lognormal Distributions

From   Syed Hasan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Estimating Shift and Dispersion between two Lognormal Distributions
Date   Fri, 4 Jan 2013 14:34:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi Statalist,

I have been benefiting from Statalist for a while. Currently I am working on firm's productivity distributions and I am looking for some help in this regard. I have productivity distributions for two types of firms . The distributions are close to lognormal.My question is if it is possible to approximate (fit) one of these distributions using the other distribution and estimate the shift, dispersion and truncation between the two distributions.

Thanks,

Syed Hasan
PhD Student
AEDEcon, OSU