Re: st: Cubic splines in stcox

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Cubic splines in stcox
Date   Fri, 04 Jan 2013 19:15:00 +0000

You might like to try parameterizing your cubic spline in a more sensible way, using a reference spline method. That way, the parameters may be hazard ratios between a reference year and a baseline year. This can be done using the -flexcurv- module of the -bspline- package, which you can download from SSC. The methods are given in detail in Newson (2012), and presented in a conference presentation in Newson (2011).

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger