Re: st: Comparison of robust and cluster-robust standard errors when the number of clusters is small

Subject   Re: st: Comparison of robust and cluster-robust standard errors when the number of clusters is small
Date   Fri, 4 Jan 2013 10:35:55 -0500

Tobias Pfaff <[email protected]>:
As the FAQ says,
"See the manual entries [R] regress (back of Methods and Formulas),
[P] _robust (the beginning of the entry), and [SVY] variance
estimation for more details."
and see an article referenced there (and by
http://repec.org/usug2007/crse.pdf
as well):
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/stb13_rogers.pdf
--Rogers 1993 is still the best intro, though the commands are all obsolete.
Also see Kish 1965
http://www.amazon.com/Survey-Sampling-Wiley-Classics-Library/dp/0471109495
for an early explanation of one way to measure [possibly negative]
intracluster correlation of x*e, using a quantity which Kish calls roh
[sic].