st: Using the Oaxaca Decomposition with multilevel models in Stata

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Using the Oaxaca Decomposition with multilevel models in Stata
Date   Fri, 4 Jan 2013 09:55:11 +0000

Hi,
My team is looking to use stata to perform Oaxaca decomposition on the effects of poverty on pupils' exam performance (using the decomposition splitting pupils into those eligible to receive free school meals and those ineligible). We are aware of the paper "The Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition for linear regression models":
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=st0151

but usually when we do modelling such as this we use a random intercepts two-level model (usually in SPSS) to capture the school effect and pupil effect on exam performance. Is anyone aware of performing Oaxaca decomposition with multilevel models in Stata; any papers, necessary add-ins, etc.

Regards,

David Gotts

Email: [email protected]

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.