Re: st: large sample bias

Subject   Re: st: large sample bias
Date   Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:34:49 -0500

Bülent Köksal <[email protected]>:
Larger samples are always better. That said, if your sample is getting
bigger because you adding observations between other observations, you
have "infill" asymptotics and should worry even more about measurement
error.  In panel models, measurement error can be even more of a
problem (than for pooled OLS) since you are typically throwing out
some or all of the between variation that is less affected by
measurement error--if your sample size gets larger by exploiting
higher and higher frequency data, you may be adding more and more
measurement error --but you would need validation data to know whether
this a real problem or not.