Re: st: Stata 12 issues with .csv files

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 12 issues with .csv files
Date   Thu, 3 Jan 2013 03:24:08 +0000

You say that -recast- doesn't work but don't explain what means
precisely. One reason for -recast- not working as you hope with the
-homestead- variable could be that the variable is string.  -recast-
wouldn't cross the string-numeric boundary.

I don't think Stata's behaviour on this point varies as between 32 and
64 bit or 11.2 and 12.

If you don't get a better answer, I think it's a case of Stata tech
support seeing some of these files, unless you can post them somewhere
where others can have look.

Nick