st: year variables in xtabond

From   André Ferreira Coelho <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: year variables in xtabond
Date   Wed, 02 Jan 2013 22:36:44 +0100

Dear statalist,

I have a basic question regarding xtabond. I have just realized that
factor variables are not allowed when using -xtabond-.
How would you control then for individual year effects? I simply tried to
generate dummy variables for each year but seems that -xtabond-routine does
not handle them since an error message stating that there are no
observations is issued.
Stata manual uses abdata.dta,-webuse abdata-, which contains dummy
variables in such a way they are labelled for instance as "year==1980",
which means that they were generated considering in some way the time
variable year applied in xtset.

So, basically what I pretend is just to include individual time controls
such as those used in the manual (i.e. yr1980-yr1984) in addition to the
variable year.

Do you know how to do this?

Best regards,

Andre Coelho