st: RE: error message returned after -ivregress 2sls

Subject   st: RE: error message returned after -ivregress 2sls
Date   Wed, 2 Jan 2013 00:39:07 -0000

Sybil,

Most likely you have too many dummies for a sensible use of the LSDV
approach (you really don't want Stata to have to invert a 1300x1300
matrix!).

xtivreg2 (downloadable from ssc in the usual way, but you also have to
install ivreg2 and ranktest) supports FE and FD estimation with
cluster-robust SEs.

HTH,
Mark

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.