Re: st: Extract Values from bootstrap operation

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Extract Values from bootstrap operation
Date   Tue, 1 Jan 2013 08:41:16 +0000

You should not be surprised that

> When I try
>
> noi bootstrap y0_bs=r(mean),saving("output.dta", replace): sum y0_hold
>
> I only get the mean values saved.

as that is _exactly_ what you asked for.

First off, -summarize- doesn't purport to save confidence intervals in
any sense. If that's what you want you need to use -ci- instead.

Conversely, if you want the 5th and 95th percentiles, you  need to
specify -summarize, detail-.

So, you need to get clear on what it is that you want. The help files
for -summarize- and -ci- are linked to the manual entries, which
explain which results are saved.

Nick

On 12/19/2012 10:44 AM, Nick Cox wrote:

>> The -saving()- option of -bootstrap- is used for this purpose. It
>> wouldn't make much sense to generate variables, in the current dataset
>> as the results couldn't be aligned logically with the current
>> observations and in general the number of samples need not be the same
>> as the number of observations.

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Rahber Thariani <[email protected]>