Bookmark and Share

Notice: On April 23, 2014, Statalist moved from an email list to a forum, based at

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: st: kruskal-wallis for clustered(correlated) data

From   "Roger B. Newson" <>
Subject   Re: st: kruskal-wallis for clustered(correlated) data
Date   Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:54:54 +0000

Yes, you can do a Kruskall-Wallis test for clustered data. There was a thread about this, earlier this year, in the Statalist Archive at

I hope this helps.

Best wishes


Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
Respiratory Epidemiology and Public Health Group
National Heart and Lung Institute
Imperial College London
Royal Brompton Campus
Room 33, Emmanuel Kaye Building
1B Manresa Road
London SW3 6LR
Tel: +44 (0)20 7352 8121 ext 3381
Fax: +44 (0)20 7351 8322
Web page:
Departmental Web page:

Opinions expressed are those of the author, not of the institution.

On 31/12/2012 11:09, Marcos Vinicius wrote:
I have a dataset with multiple observations for some individuals. Therefore binary and quantitative variables were compared   between two groups using p-values obtained from general estimating equations (GEE) and Wilcoxon rank sum (developed by Rosner at al (2003)) respectively   to take into account the correlated data.   I would like to know if there is a way to conduct Kruskal-Wallis for correlated(cluster) data using Stata. Suppose I have 3 columns ID :patient ID,X(quantitative variable) Y(3 comparison groups)
Could you help me with the Stata programming ?

Thanks in advance,

FREE 3D MARINE AQUARIUM SCREENSAVER - Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your desktop!
Check it out at

*   For searches and help try:

*   For searches and help try:

© Copyright 1996–2017 StataCorp LLC   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   Site index