Re: st: Tobit graphics

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Tobit graphics
Date   Sat, 29 Dec 2012 16:03:20 +0000

In this kind of problem I usually declare

yaxis(1 2)

and then if stuff I want is in the wrong place so far as I am concerned I write

yaxis(2)

instead of

yaxis(1)

and/or vice versa.

Nick

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Kakouros, Nikolaos
<[email protected]> wrote:

> The plot thickens on the Tobit graphics.
>
> marginsplot, recast(line) recastci(rarea) addplot( (scatter x y) (lfictci x2 y2) (scatter x2 y2))
>
> worked, but the second set of data needs a different y axis.
>
> I tried
>
> marginsplot, recast(line) recastci(rarea) addplot( (scatter x y) (lfictci x2 y2, yaxis(2)) (scatter x2 y2, yaxis(2)))
>
> but the second y axis ends up stacked on the left rather than being on the right.

Kakouros, Nikolaos

> Trust me, Dr Cox. For me to get this to work, quite a bit of luck would be needed.
> Your recommendation worked, though.
>
> I used
> marginsplot, recast(line) recastci(rarea) addplot( (scatter x y) (lfictci x2 y2) (scatter x2 y2))
>
> and it worked great!

Nick Cox

> Not clear why luck should be needed, but it's not necessary to specify -twoway-. Otherwise specify what kind of error message you got.

On 27 Dec 2012, at 13:21, "Kakouros, Nikolaos"
<[email protected]

>> Ro'I,
>> Many thanks - that works great!  I changed recastci(rline) to
>> (rarea) to get the same shaded CI effect as lfitci.
>>
>> Now - is it possible to show this data on the same graph as the other
>> dataset's scatter and lfitci?
>> I tried
>> marginsplot, recast(line) recastci(rarea) addplot(twoway (scatter x
>> y) (lfictci x2 y2) (scatter x2 y2))
>>
>> I also tried
>> Twoway (marginsplot, recast(line) recastci(rarea) addplot(scatter x
>> y)) (lfictci x2 y2) (scatter x2 y2)
>>

>> with no luck...

Ro'i Zultan