st: IV parameter nlogit model

From   "Karin Oudshoorn, Twentestat" <>
Subject   st: IV parameter nlogit model
Date   Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:41:27 +0100

Dear Stata-users,

I am estimating a nested logit model on a conjoint dataset with a degenerate branche ( for no screening) and a branche of two alternatives.
I constrain the IV parameter of the degenerate branch to one.
So now I get an estimate for the other IV parameter which is 1.89 and the test for IIA(tau=1) is significant.
How can I interpret this IV parameter?
It is above one. So do I have a problem now?
And what does the test IIA ( tau=1) tell me on the two choices ( for or againdt screening) and between the two alternatives?

Thanks in advance,

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone