Re: st: abbrivation in ado-file and equation in help file?

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: abbrivation in ado-file and equation in help file?
Date   Thu, 20 Dec 2012 14:49:59 +0000

If you want to allow say

to be abbreviatable as

you would need to release two or more ado files, In particular,
myprog.ado could contain in its entirety

program myprog
            myprogram `0'

If you want to allow -myprogra-, -myprogr- as well each of those
abbreviations requires a separate .ado file too.

Equations can be indicated using text or SMCL directives. You would
need to provide a link to files containing anything else. For example,
Stata doesn't support TeX ir HTML mark-up in help files.