st: Installing packages in Stata 12: r(602) error

From   grinis <>
Subject   st: Installing packages in Stata 12: r(602) error
Date   Thu, 20 Dec 2012 06:44:55 -0800 (PST)

I have a problem installing new ado files in Stata 12.

For example when I try to install the package omodel, I type

ssc install omodel

Then I get

checking omodel consistency and verifying not already installed...
installing into c:\ado\plus\...
file c:\ado\plus\next.trk already exists

But when I type

ssc install omodel, replace

I still get exactly the same message!

I have listed all my ado files using ado dir, and I have not found the

The same situation happens when I try to install other packages such as sg76
and spost9.

Many thanks for any help,

Best wishes