RE: st: Preserve Variable Labels After Reshape

From   David Torres <writeon4truth2@msn.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: Preserve Variable Labels After Reshape
Date   Wed, 19 Dec 2012 21:45:50 -0500

Joerg,

What I mean to preserve is the description of the variable stub, in your example the x.  x1 and x2 could both, for instance, be labeled as, let us say, "the x factor."  When I reshape from wide to long, the description of the variable disappears.  I want to simply keep that description, which I thought was called the variable label.