st: weight in tab1

From   David Kantor <kantor.d@att.net>
To   Statalist <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: weight in tab1
Date   Wed, 19 Dec 2012 17:28:50 -0500

Hi.
Does anyone know if there is a logical reason that -tab1- allows only fweights, whereas -tabulate- allows almost all types of weights?

I'm guessing that it's a relic from when -tabulate- had fewer weight options.
Any other reason?

I use Stata 10, but I believe that this holds in Stata 12.
Thanks
--David