R: st: OLS assumptions not met: transformation, gls, or glm as solutions?

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: OLS assumptions not met: transformation, gls, or glm as solutions?
Date   Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:17:26 +0100

Laura replied to my previous comment:
@ Carlo: I conducted your example and with my data it seems the same, the
-robust- option does not seem to change the graphical pictures or the tests
(-estat hettest-,  -iqr-) much. So the robust option has to be visible in
the graphics and the tests, that it induced homoskedasticity?

The main meaning of my example is that you cannot be sure, after invoking
-robust-, that heteroskedasticity is automatically  removed. In other words,
homoskedasticity should be checked graphically even after - robust -. I
would also test whether or not your OLS model suffers from omitted variable
bias (-estat ovtest-), which is a more serious issue than
heteroskedasticity.

Best regards,
Carlo

Dott. Carlo Lazzaro
Studio di Economia Sanitaria
Via Stefanardo da Vimercate, 19
20128 Milano
Tel/fax: 02/26000516
Portatile: 335/6786741
e-mail: [email protected]
               [email protected]

The main meaning of my example was that you cannot be sure, after invoking