st: logit for case control

From   "Sacamano, Paul L." <[email protected]>
Subject   st: logit for case control
Date   Thu, 13 Dec 2012 16:04:49 -0500

Hello,

I've been using logit for a case control database, but not sure this is the most appropriate analysis to run.

The controls were loosely matched (not paired) by age frequency distribution.

The outcome is binary: 30-day hospital readmission (case) or no (control).

The independent variables are categorical (race, insurance, admission diagnosis, etc.) and continuous (age, number of clinic visits, etc.) and dichotomous (yes or no for HCV, CKD, etc.).

Here's an example of what I've been using:
. logit case admgroup sex insurance zip race
and . logistic case admgroup sex insurance zip race

Does this seem to be the correct approach?

Thanks so much.
Paul