st: RE: Please help to format dataset for survival analysis

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <Peter.Lachenbruch@oregonstate.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Please help to format dataset for survival analysis
Date   Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:00:41 +0000

Please read the help file for st commands.

Peter A. Lachenbruch,
Professor (retired)
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] on behalf of Ivan [drshir@narod.ru]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:35 AM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Please help to format dataset for survival analysis

Dear Stata Users,
Could you please help me with the following question.
I am trying to perform a survival analysis and I have my data recorded
in the following way in one column:

0 - lost to follow-up
2 - no studied outcome during the whole observation
3 - studied outcome at 12 months
4 - studied outcome at 24 months
5 - studied outcome at 48 months

It seems that it is not a right type of data for this kind of analysis.
What should I do with the data to proceed?
I am sorry if this is a silly question, I am a complete novice having
used Stata for a couple of days.
Kind regards,
Ivan