st: iccvar

From   megan rossi <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: iccvar
Date   Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:24:55 +1000

Hi All,

Can someone please confirm my understanding of the postestimate "iccvar" command proceeding xtmixed.

I want to assess the correlation between two continuous variables (both serum markers) over three time points in a cohort of 50 patients.

I have used xtmixed to see if they are significantly correlated which they are but want to see how tightly ie. correlation coeffiecient. I then ran the iccvar command and the output gave me a value for ICC. I am wondering if this is the correlation coefficient between the two continuous variables? IF not can you suggest how I obtain this?

Cheers,

Megan Rossi APD
PhD Candidate School of Medicine, University of Queensland
Accredited Practicing Dietitian
Princess Alexandra Hospital Nutrition & Dietetic Department
m: 0402 931 441 | e: [email protected]
"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." — Hippocrates (ca. 460 – 377 BC)
This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.
Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is strictly prohibited. The information contained in this email, including any attachment sent with it, may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.