st: Re: xt regression with large n and small t (Was "How to deal with r(909) "op. sys. refuses to provide memory???")

From   "Seed, Paul" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: xt regression with large n and small t (Was "How to deal with r(909) "op. sys. refuses to provide memory???")
Date   Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:52:13 +0000

Dear Statalist,
Dear Gordon Hughes,

As someone who often has panel data with many more cases than time points
(anything from 10 times as many to 1,000 times as many),
I would be very glad of some pointers to the "warnings" and "much better ways".

Many thanks

Paul T Seed, Senior Lecturer in Medical Statistics,
Division of Women's Health, King's College London
Women's Health Academic Centre, King's Health Partners
(+44) (0) 20 7188 3642.