Re: st: Optimizing recoding procedures

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Optimizing recoding procedures
Date   Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:09:33 +0000

d == 1 & d == 1

can be simplified to

d == 1

Otherwise I don't know a shorter way to write that. StataCorp could
invent dozens of functions that would only be used occasionally, and
this is I guess one function they did not invent.

You are correct that there is a -rany()- function in -egenmore-,  but
-ral()- is still a typo. Please explain _where_ user-written programs
that you refer to come from.