Re: st: collapsing string variables

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: collapsing string variables
Date   Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:46:18 +0000

On  principle I am ignoring your attachment. As was mentioned very
recently, you should not send attachments to Statalist. This is
explained in the FAQ.

You can call what you want collapsing if you like but it's not among
the purposes of the -collapse- command, which is to make a dataset of
summary statistics.

This works for your data here:

reshape long drug , i(id drugid)
drop if missing(drug)