Re: st: Running Product Function

From   Yuval Arbel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Running Product Function
Date   Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:02:06 +0200

Thanks Nick and Kit.

Now I have a complementary question:

I would like to generate an index variable for the calculation of the
geometrical mean (namely, the exponent, which makes the product a
geometrical mean). The problem is that for reduct_per==0 I would like
the index to become a constant and remain the same until the next
reduct_per, which is different from zero, comes.

Consider the example above: during the first 25 periods the index
should be one and and starting from the 26th period it should change
to 2,3 etc.

If, on the other hand, we would have opposite descending trail (namely
25 percent reduction rate from 1-25 and zero starting from the 26th
period), the index should be 1, 2,..,25 and becomes a constant 25 from
the 26th period.

What is the simplest way to generate such an index? Can it be done
without a loop?

Dr. Yuval Arbel
School of Business
Carmel Academic Center