st: Re: RePEc:boc:bocode:s457480a / spgmmxt

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
To   MHA Ridhwan <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: RePEc:boc:bocode:s457480a / spgmmxt
Date   Fri, 7 Dec 2012 18:09:56 +0000

<>
On Dec 6, 2012, at 9:23 PM, MHA Ridhwan wrote:

> Hello,
> It is really appreaciated to see Spatial econ. in Stata recently.
> Anyway I have been trying to run SPGMMXT, but it has failed and the message I got as below:

> * Spatial Panel Autoregressive Generalized Method of Moments (SPGMM)
> ………………………………………………………………..
>                  <istmt>:  3499  divide() not found
> r(3499);
> I am wondering what should I do to fix this problem.
> Fyi I have already defined:  spweightxt as well.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Ridhwan

It appears that the spgmmxt module makes use of a Mata library included in the RPNFCN package, which is not listed as a dependency in the SPGMMXT package. As the author of SPGMMXT has produced dozens of similarly-named routines, I am unsure which might need this library and which might not. Hopefully he can provide a clarification. The examples in SPGMMXT worked on my machine, as for whatever reason I already have this library installed:

: mata desc using lrpn
(library contains 19 members)

      # bytes   type                        name and extent
          608   auto real matrix            MCatnode()
          200   auto real matrix            MCatwt()
          128   auto real matrix            Sexp()
          184   auto real matrix            Swei()
           88   auto real matrix            add()
          440   auto real scalar            anyeqpt()
           88   auto real matrix            divide()
           80   auto real matrix            enter()
          152   auto real matrix            fexp()
          336   auto real matrix            fwei()
          104   auto real colvector         intres()
           88   auto real matrix            product()
          120   auto pointer vector         rotst()
        1,664   auto real matrix            rpnfcn()
           88   auto real matrix            subtract()
          104   auto pointer vector         swapst()
          488   auto real matrix            tlMCatnode()
          496   auto real matrix            tlMCatwt()
           56   auto real matrix            tostack()

Kit