st: Median Income

From   "Meulemann Max" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Median Income
Date   Tue, 4 Dec 2012 14:33:01 +0000

My questions does not necessarily regard Stata itself, but im using Stata 12.

I d like to use median income in my analysis and I ve found some hints that there is a easy way to approximate the median income using the GINI and capitagdp.
Yet I was not successful to find a good source where this is explained in more detail. Would somebody know where to find this?

I have quite a lot of countries in my data and finding Gini scores and capitagdp is way easier than finding median income for each country and I already have Gini and gdp data.