R: st: Tobit regression Model

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   R: st: Tobit regression Model
Date   Sun, 2 Dec 2012 16:57:11 +0100

As Adel has probably heard during some statistics class, according to a long
lasting rule-of-thumb, researcher should have around 20 observations for
each predictor included in her/his multiple linear regression model. I would
assume that this guidance may sound interesting for Tobit models, too.
Last time I came across this recommendation was in: Katz MH. Multivariable
Analysis. A Practical Guide for Clinicians, 2nd edition. Cambridge:
Cambridge University Press, 2006: 81.

Kindest Regards,

-----Messaggio originale-----
[] Per conto di Adel Enpaya
Inviato: domenica 2 dicembre 2012 11:25
A: ''
Oggetto: RE: st: Tobit regression Model

Dear Stateliest
I have data set of 183 observations and 36 variables include 13 dummy
variables when I run Tobit regression model, No results obtain, but if if I
reduce the number of variable , I can obtains result, is there any
relationship between number of variables, number and observations and
(degree of  freedom) Thanks Adel