Re: st: Need Help with Datamanagement and Survival analysis

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Need Help with Datamanagement and Survival analysis
Date   Sun, 2 Dec 2012 10:33:38 +0000

You should show code that you typed, not paraphrase it.

Most crucially, the code you show makes no reference to previous
values (or to folllowing dates).

Prakash also misses this point in his reply to you.

bysort name (date) : gen tag = type[_n-1] == "Telephone" & type == "In-patient"

Now such observations can be selected by -if tag-

by name : egen flag = total(tag)

Now such _patients_ have positive values of -flag- and can be selected
by -if flag-.

Nick