Re: st: use egen functions to get survey weighted means

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: use egen functions to get survey weighted means
Date   Fri, 30 Nov 2012 19:33:27 +0000

You are correct in your guess. -egen- does not support weights of any
kind and it does not support -svy:-, or vice versa.

More positively, your example implies a single mean, so -svy: mean-
should work. The result will be a constant, so no need to think that
you are creating a new variable.

Nick