Re: st: Labeling series within the plot area

From   "Allan Reese (Cefas)" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Labeling series within the plot area
Date   Fri, 30 Nov 2012 09:38:58 -0000

A trick I use is to create a second variable containing the label but
only at the selected points - usually the maximum.

use auto
regress price wei i.for#c.wei
predict yhat
egen maxpoint=max(yhat), by(for)
sort for yhat
g flab="US"
replace flab="Foreign" if for==1
replace flab="" if yhat!=maxpoint
scatter price yhat weight, ms(oh i) c(. L) mlab(. flab)

You can use mlabpos and xscale(range()) to allow for fit, or just use
the graph editor to tweak position.