Re: st: RE: Comparing regression fits of 2 different DVs to the same IV,

Subject   Re: st: RE: Comparing regression fits of 2 different DVs to the same IV,
Date   Thu, 29 Nov 2012 19:39:44 -0500

Oops, the last line should be "estat bootstrap, all"

S.

Jared:

1) -mmregress-, part of the -mcd- package ("findit"), uses an algorithm
superior to that in -rreg- (higher breakdown point) and, unlike -rreg-,
is resistant to high leverage observations. Be sure to set the seed first.

2) When -suest- doesn't work, you can usually rig a -bootstrap- to
replace it. See:
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/statistics/bootstrapped-samples-
guidelines/. Note that for valid confidence intervals, as opposed to
SEs, you do need 100's if not 1000's of replicates, I believe.

*************CODE BEGINS*************
sysuse auto, clear
capture program drop myboot

program myboot, rclass
   rreg trunk length
   return scalar l1 = _b[length]
   rreg weight length
return scalar l2 = _b[length]
end

bootstrap (r(l1)-r(l2)) , reps(50): myboot
estat bootstrap all

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/statistics/bootstrapped-samples-
guidelines/
Note that for valid confidence intervals, as opposed to SEs, you do need
100's if not 1000's of replicates, I believe.

Steve