st: question simultaneous probit equations

From   Raluca Prelipceanu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: question simultaneous probit equations
Date   Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:38:07 +0100

I am trying to estimate a model in which the wife's decision depends
on her husband's decision and vice versa (the husband's decision on
his wife's). They can either both decide to move or only the wife may
move or only the husband may move or both do not move.

utility of wife Uw (X, Y, Uh(X)) and utility of husband: U(X, Uw(X,Y)).

Can it be estimated by bivariate probit or should I use another technique?

And I have another question can I estimate a model in which I have a
probit in the first stage and then for the second stage a multivariate
probit? Could I estimate it using cmp?

Thank you,

Raluca