Re: st: Reply: Setting default .do file template?

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Reply: Setting default .do file template?
Date   Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:32:56 +0100

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Rebecca Pope wrote:
> Out of curiosity, can you explain why you have -local file: list clean
> file- in the program? I tracked it down in the manual & read that
> -list clean- is an extended macro function to minimally adorn the
> elements of, in this case, "file". I understand this to mean removing
> all unnecessary quotation marks. For general programming edification,
> what do you gain by doing this?

I am probably being overcautious: I was worried about what would
happen when someone specified `""filename""'.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50
10785 Berlin