variable [names???] all in lower case [was: Re: st: Regarding Dates in String format]

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   variable [names???] all in lower case [was: Re: st: Regarding Dates in String format]
Date   Wed, 28 Nov 2012 08:48:39 +0000

My guess is that you want the variable _names_ to be lower case.

. rename *, lower

See -help rename- or http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?rename_groups

Nick

P.S. The list is called Statalist, not Stat List.

P.P.S. If you are not using Stata 12, you should have said so, but
-renvars- from SJ will do this also.

P.P.P.S. Please change the title when you change the subject.