st: problems with reshaping dataset.

From   natasha agarwal <>
Subject   st: problems with reshaping dataset.
Date   Tue, 27 Nov 2012 17:02:10 +0000

Dear Stata users,

I have a dataset which looks like:

country v1_80 v2_80...v59_80 v1_00 v2_01 v3_01
ALB         x          x           x           x         x          x

I use the reshape long comand, but it does not reshape the variables
where the year is 00, 01.

Besides, I want to reshape the dataset like

country   year        variable
ALB         1980          v1
ALB          1980          v2
ALB          2000          v1
ALB           2001          v1

I have tried variants of reshape command but have failed to achieve
such a structure of my dataset.

I would be grateful if anybody could help me ?