Re: st: Setting default .do file template?

From   Rebecca Pope <>
Subject   Re: st: Setting default .do file template?
Date   Tue, 27 Nov 2012 08:15:19 -0600

Hi Andrew,
What do you mean by default template? Just the font, color, etc? Or
pre-programming a set of commands that you always put in your do-files
(this is what Scott Long advises in Ch 3 of Workflow).

If the former, change the preferences in Stata. If the latter, it is
just a matter of typing of creating a new .do file (call it e.g., saving it in a location common to all of your projects,
and then starting with that file. Personally, I'd save it somewhere
with an easy to remember file path so you can just type -doedit
"filepath\"- when you want to start a new file.

p.s. I know what you mean by search results... I tried to search for
your message to make sure there were no replies yet (had some delay
issues lately). Your post didn't even show up in the archives w/ the
search "do file template"; I had to browse by date!