RE: Taking threads private [was: Re: st: collapse and weights]

From   "Schaffer, Mark E" <M.E.Schaffer@hw.ac.uk>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: Taking threads private [was: Re: st: collapse and weights]
Date   Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:31:06 -0000

FWIW, my response is different again - I usually ask people to repost
the question to Statalist, pointing out that any answers will benefit
others and/or they'll get a better answer than from me.

--Mark

<austinnichols@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > OP contacted me off-list to say:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Obviously, the OP did not read the two lines of code I posted, nor
my
> > last name, very carefully.
> >
> > More generally, do you think it is better to repost off-list emails
> > the list, or to completely ignore them?  In the past, I have ignored
> > them as akin to spam, and in clear violation of the Statalist FAQ
> > guidelines, but I am unsure as to which is a good general rule.
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.