Re: st: sem with mean structures, latent interactions

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sem with mean structures, latent interactions
Date   Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:05:35 +0100

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM, 'Alim Beveridge wrote:
> Can stata's sem do mean structures? If yes, how?

As I understand it, mean structures just mean that you constrain one
of the loadings of your measurement model to 1, which means that the
unit of that item also becomes the unit of the latent variable (rather
than equating the unit of the latent variable to a standard
deviation). In that case the answer is yes, just impose the
appropriate constraints on the loadings.

> Has anyone successfully implemented Marsh, Wen & Hau's (2004, 2006, 2007)
> unconstrained, mean-centered approach to  latent interactions in stata's sem
> (which requires a mean structure)? If yes, could you post an example of your
> syntax?

Please read the Statalist FAQ till you understand why this is not
acceptable on this list and repost a corrected version of this
question.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB