st: Chi-Square-Test for Homogeneity

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Chi-Square-Test for Homogeneity
Date   Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:47:10 +0100

Dear members,

I have 2 different samples. One from the previous year (2011) with about 500 observations. Another one from the current year (2012) with about 1500 observations. I included a binary variable in my data to represent whether the observation was collected in the previous or the current year. In both samples, I have a nominally scaled  varibale that  represents students' field of study (7 categories).

I want to test whether the distribution of this variable (representing the students' field of study) is the same in both samples (the sample from the previous and the sample from the current year). My advisor told me to do a chi sqared test to do so. I figured out that I need to run a chi-square-test for homogeneity.

Can anybody please tell me the command to run this test?

Thank you for your help!