st: could not calculate numerical derivatives

From   vesile kutlu <>
Subject   st: could not calculate numerical derivatives
Date   Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:34:29 +0100

Hi all,
I am trying to solve the function “v” numerically in Mata but I get
the error ” could not calculate numerical derivatives -- discontinuous
region with missing values encountered”.  I ask Mata to minimize this
function with respect to a and b. I provide the initial values of
these parameters. Is there something wrong with my code? I would
appreciate if you could tell me why I got this error? Is there maybe
another way to solve this problem? Thank you.
void mysolver(todo, p, v, S, H)
  optimize_init_evaluator(S, &mysolver())
  optimize_init_evaluatortype(S, "v0")
  optimize_init_params(S, (1,1))