st: merging datasets

From   Nikolaos Pandis <npandis@yahoo.com>
Subject   st: merging datasets
Date   Mon, 19 Nov 2012 23:42:53 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,

I would appreciate any help on the following:

I have 2 datasets A (~150 observations) and B (~45 observations)
B is included in A and share some common fields including observation id (num)
It should have been one dataset but unfortunately it is not and I would like to merge them.
Dataset B has all the fields of A but some extra ones.
Q: is there a way to append the extra fields (for the eligible observations) from dataset B to dataset A using observation id as the link?

many thanks

Nick