Re: st: fit an exponential function

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: fit an exponential function
Date   Sun, 18 Nov 2012 11:26:29 -0500

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Carmen Blanco <> wrote:
> I have a scatter plot.
> I want to fit in the graph by an exponential curve.
> For example, to a linear function I use -lfit-  command  and I need to
> know how to do the adjustment with the exponential function.

I don't think there's a direct way to do it with a plot function. You
could fit an exponential model with nonlinear least squares (-nl-) or
a generalized linear model (-glm-), create predicted values, and then
use a connected line plot or some other interpolating function. I
haven't used the fractional polynomial interpolating fits so I don't
know enough about them to comment but if you just want a good smooth
curve interpolator, that may work too.