Re: st: non-proportional odds and multilevel models

From   Linda.Kampata@student.uib.no
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: non-proportional odds and multilevel models
Date   Tue, 13 Nov 2012 14:39:02 +0100

Thank you Colleen and jvverkuilen for your comments.

I have seen and read through Richard Williams website and documents on the gologit2 command. According to my read, it does deal with my problem only as a single level structure and not on a hierarchical structure which looks at two or more structure levels.

Any other suggestions are most welcome.
Thanks,
Linda

Quoting Colleen Nugent <cnugent@sociology.rutgers.edu>:

When the assumption of proportional odds is violated for ordinal dependent variables, you could use generalized ordered logistic regression (gologit2: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/gologit2/gologit2.pdf). Here is another link with some resources: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/gologit2/

I'm not sure whether or how it deals with multilevel models, but perhaps these links describe a solution.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda Kampata" <Linda.Kampata@student.uib.no>
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:52:48 AM
Subject: st: non-proportional odds and multilevel models

Hi,
Does stata have a model one can use for multilevel modelling for an
ordinal dependant variable which does not hold for non-proportional
assumptions. The non-proportional test results are significant
(<0.001) under the omodel command. I have read on statalist as well as
the Multilevel and Longitudinal Modeling Using Stata book and it does
not spell it out clearly for me to understand.

What options do I have?

Can someone please recommend or help me.
Regards,
Linda